Browse through these FAQs to find answers to commonly raised questions.
What shipping methods are available?
- We use using La Poste Swiss (Switzerland) or La Poste France. We might evolve to other companies over time.
Can I pick up my orders?
- Yes please feel free to organise a visit to our home studio in Versoix - Switzerland. Just drop a mail to email@example.com
Which areas do you ship to?
- We ship world wide.
If you have more questions about shipping please try to find your answer in Shipping Policy
Can I change or cancel my order?
- Once you have clicked Checkout, your order starts being processed and you can’t make any changes or cancel it online. However, you may be able to change or cancel your order before it is dispatched for delivery. Please contact our helpful Customer Care team as soon as possible after ordering and they will be able to advise you.
Can my order be sent as a gift?
- Absolutely! You can choose to gift box your order by adding the option to your cart before checking out. We will also include a note if you'd like and we never send parcels out with financial information in them. Please note that parcels are often sent in branded cardboard boxes.
Can I get samples before ordering?
- Sadly we don't offer free sample before placing an order. We can include samples in parcels whenever we can so drop us a note if there's a scent you didn’t order but would like to try.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
- Please see our Refund policy
What ingredients do you use?
- All of our ingredients are thoughtfully sourced to create safe, sustainable products that are vegan, cruelty-free, phthalate-free, and never tested on animals.
- All of our candles are made with 100% domestically-grown soy wax and cotton or wood wicks.
- Our products are made using a blend of fine fragrance oils that consist of natural and man-made materials.
Where are your candles made?
- We make every single candle by hand in our home studio in Geneva.
Are your products suitable for vegans?
- All of our soy candles are made with 100% soy wax flakes and either pure essential oils or high grade perfume oils. We don't test on animals and the ingredients we use are also cruelty free.
Are your products dermatologically tested?
- Although our products have not been tested by an official dermatologist or Doctor, they have all been through rigorous testing to ensure they are safe for human skin. If you have an allergy to certain ingredients, please contact us prior to purchase who will be able to advise.
Are your products tested on animals?
- Crypto Candle does not test any of its products or any of its ingredients on animals.
How much light do the Comely candles emit?
- Our candles emit the equivalent of 1 candle flame each. The Crypto Candles provide ambient lighting only. We recommend that there be another source for of lighting in the room if required.
Is candle soot harmful?
- No. The minuscule amount of soot produced by a candle is a natural byproduct of incomplete combustion. Candle soot is similar to everyday household sources of soot such as from kitchen toasters and cooking oils and is not considered a health concern.
How should I store my candles?
- Store candles in a cool, dark and dry place and keep like scents together. Candles have different melting points, so never leave candles in your car on warm days.
How do I reduce candle smoking?
- All candles should have their wicks trimmed to about 6mm or 1/4” every time before burning (and have all debris removed). Also make sure the candle is not oxygen-starved and never burn candles in a draught.
How do I avoid wax fade?
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight.
How do I remove spilt wax from bench tops?
- Let the wax cool. Use a plastic spatula to scrape off excess and a mild abrasive cleaner to remove the rest.
What's the best way to care for your products?
- To care for our candles, trim the candle’s wick to 1/4” or 6mm before or after every burn session and allow the candle to burn for 3-4 hour intervals, or until a full melt pool has formed.
Can your jars be repurposed?
- Yes! They can also be repurposed into vases or toothbrush container but the primary design is to serve as cocktail glasses. To recycle or repurpose your jar, we recommend thoroughly cleansing it with your favorite dish soap or a 1:1 solution of water to vinegar.
Have questions not answered here? Need help with your order?
Feel free to contact our Customer Care team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to lend a hand.